Resources and Publications
Download our FREE practice publications below.
The TRANSFORMATION Articles
Download FREE PDF versions of The TRANSFORMATION Articles below.
- Butler, M.J.R. (2003). Managing from the Inside Out: Drawing on ‘Receptivity’ to Explain Variation in Strategy Implementation, British Journal of Management, 14, Special Issue, December, pp S47-S60
- Butler, M.J.R. and Allen, P. (2008). Understanding Policy Implementation Processes as Self-Organizing Systems, Public Management Review, 10:3, pp 421-440
- Butler, M.J.R. and Gheorghiu, L. (2010). Exploring the Failure to Protect the Rights of the Roma Child in Romania, Public Administration and Development, 30:4, pp 235-246
Download FREE PDF versions of related articles below which focus on the new change management (integrating operations and HR management), the skills strategy and innovation in policy processes.
- Butler, M.J.R., Sweeney, M. and Crundwell, D. (2009). Facility Closure Management – The Case of Vauxhall Motors Luton, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 29:7, pp 670-691
- Butler, M.J.R. and Gheorghiu, L. (2010). Evaluating the Skills Strategy through a Graduate Certificate in Management – An Experiential Learning Theory Approach, Education and Training, 52:6/7, pp 450-462
- Butler M.J.R., Wilkinson J. and Allen P. (2010). Exploring Innovation in Policy-Making within Central Government – The Case of the UK’s Highways Agency, Public Policy and administration, 25:2, pp 137-155
Below are the details of the books published by the Project Lead.
The CIPD Organisational Behaviour Text Book has case study material drawn directly from The TRANSFORMATION Project. Each chapter starts with a case study related to its content and has an interview with the senior manager involved in the case uploaded on the web site of the book. The book has the rare distinction of being well reviewed by both academics and practitioners.
- Butler, M .and Keith, G. (1999), Language, Power and Identity, Hodder and Stoughton, London.
- Senior, C .and Butler, M.J.R. (eds) (2007), The Social Cognitive Neuroscience of Organizations, Blackwell Publishing, Boston, Mass.
- Butler, M.J.R. and Rose, E. (eds) (2011), Introducing Organisational Behaviour, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), London.
The Project Lead has worked with the CIPD on strategic change issues since 2008.
- Aston Centre for Human Resources (ed) (2008), Strategic Human Resource Management: Building Research-Based Practice, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), London.
Impact through Conferences
- Conference 1 – Transformation: The What, The Good and The How
- Conference 2 – The Receptivity for Change Toolset: Assessing and Improving Your Project Culture Performance
Co-production Research through Workshops for Toolset Creation