Positive Psychology in SMEs: SME Conference
The Conference took place at Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Birmingham, UK on 28th January 2015, between 6pm and 8pm. 130 attended, including West Midlands SMEs.
It focused on developing a positive mind set from an academic and practitioner perspective. Participants also heard representatives from award winning SMEs relate the ideas to their organisations. This then led to an interactive session with SME audience participants.
- Chaired by Dr. Michael JR Butler
- Professor Adrian Furnham, Professor of Psychology at University College London: Positive Psychology in Business. View Presentation
- Jamil Qureshi (who worked with six people who have got to Number 1 in the world in their respective field, amongst them Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood): To Do Differently, We Have To Think Differently. Refreshingly, Jamil did not use Powerpoint, intriguingly, he used the traditional flipchart to stimulate audience interaction through drawings.
- Juliette Summerfield, Finance and Operations Director, Volumatic Ltd
- Kirsty Davies-Chinnock, Managing Director, Professional Polishing Ltd
Their presentations can be viewed and downloaded by selecting the relevant above links.